I don't have any recent photos, but here are a couple of stories of things that have happened recently:
Gloves
Like most of the country, Nashville has had a really cold winter. After taking an interest in my gloves one morning, I put Caleb’s mittens on him. He then ran circles around the couch clapping his hands and yelling “gloves, gloves!” When Seth took him to school that morning, he wouldn’t take them off. All the other kids were jealous of Caleb’s gloves, so the teacher had to get out the gloves that they sometimes use for art. At some point that morning, the gloves were removed – I’m assuming not until snack time though. When I picked him up after lunch, I put the gloves back on him before heading outside. Once we got home, he didn’t want to take them off, so he had them on during his entire nap. I made him take them off after he got food all over them during his afternoon snack….
Ashes
We randomly played “Ring Around the Rosies” with Caleb a couple of weeks ago. Now he routinely grabs one of our hands, begins looking for the other parent and says, “hand? ashes?” He doesn’t like just playing with one of us. For example if Seth is at work, Caleb will grab my hand, look around and then say “Dada, hand, ashes?” When I say that Daddy is at work, he reluctantly plays ashes with just me. Ashes is just not limited to house play either. We met Jeremy and Mica at Buca di Beppo in Cool Springs last week (after Caleb’s dreaded haircut). After dinner, Caleb and I waited outside for Daddy to use the restroom before driving 45 minutes home. Caleb wanted to play ashes, so he settled for just a Mommy and Caleb game. When Seth came back out, all three of us held hands and walked around in circles, falling to our feet at the end. Don’t you wish you could have seen us? :)
Saguaro East
6 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment