Caleb started a new school today. It's our church's program, and we're excited for him to be there, but it was hard for us to leave his last school. It was a really good program - just more money than we can spend right now.
I've been feeling a lot of mommy guilt about this for the past couple of days. He's had enough change with Clara coming and then having to leave the friends and teachers he loved on top of that just made me sad for him. This morning, we talked to him about how church would be his new school. When Seth passed the turn off to Caleb's old school, Caleb said, "No, that way. School. Jacob." I'm glad I was in a separate car, because I think I would have lost it.
When we got to church/school, Caleb wasn't happy ... not that we expected him to be. But we left him in good hands - his teachers are super nice. He stopped crying about 1 minute after we left the room - about the time that I started crying. When I picked him up this afternoon, he looked super tired, which I hope is a sign that he had a good time. He told me "church - new school" so I guess he got the picture. Hopefully the drop off tears will stop soon ... for both of us. :)
Saguaro East
6 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment