Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"I Cookin"

I took these pictures to document Caleb's first tent made of blankets and sheets - a childhood favorite of mine, but I got pictures of a much cuter scene. Caleb likes to pretend to cook. Here is our conversation:

Caleb: I Cookin'
Mommy: What are you cooking?
Caleb (as he stirs plastic food): I cookin' strawberries.
Mommy: What are you to put on the strawberries?
Caleb (looking confused): I cookin'
Caleb (a little while later): Strawberries and chocolate!
Mommy: Chocolate is a very good thing to add to strawberries. One of mommy's favorites.
Caleb: I hear beepin! (He is referring to our stove/microwave timer that tells us the food is done. He didn't really hear beeping.)
Mommy: Are the strawberries done?
Caleb: Yeah (as he stirs and then puts a strawberry to his mouth). Yummy.
Caleb (as he puts one to my mouth): Like it?
Mommy: Yes, yummy!

I think it is so cute that he likes to cook. I guess it shows that mommy and daddy really do cook around here. We went to a friend's house this past Saturday night and Caleb was playing with 2 two-year-old little girls, which meant a house full of girl toys. Caleb managed to find the only cars in the whole toy room. When he wasn't playing with those, he was in the toy kitchen - "I Cookin'!"

Caleb "cookin" strawberries.



Caleb under his tent.

No comments: